Frequently Asked Questions

What are the office hours of the firm, and when can I make an appointment?

The regular office hours of our firm are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. If you are seeking to make an appointment, please call our office at (314) 326-4885 and speak to our receptionist who set up your appointment with one of our attorneys.

Do you take same-day appointments?

Our attorneys calendars generally fill up several days or weeks in advance, so we strongly recommend you schedule an appointment in advance. If you have an emergency situation arise and you need immediate advice, please call our office and we will try our best to work you in.

What is the initial consultation fee?


How long is an initial consultation?

Initial consultations vary but are generally an hour long.

May you give me advice by the phone?

For an initial consultation, we strongly recommend that you schedule an appointment to come in to our firm and speak with our attorneys. However, in certain circumstances we may be able to schedule an initial consultation for you by phone. We also routinely provide legal advice to existing clients by phone.

What should I bring with me to the initial consultation?

Please bring the following to your initial consultation:

  • Your driver’s license
  • Any existing court papers, such as motions, orders, or any documents served on you
  • List of property

Any other items that HHG Law recommends, such as:

  • Proof of income: current pay stub
  • Dates and highlights of separations and reconciliation attempts
  • Prenuptial agreements
  • Full address and phone number(s) for you and your spouse
  • Full names, birth dates, and addresses of all offspring from the marriage, plus their school and grade
  • Information about previous legal proceedings between the spouses or involving the children
  • Information about prior marriages, including certified Decrees of Divorce
  • List of substantial assets, liabilities, and debts of both spouses
  • Your previous year’s income tax return and any IRS-related data
Can I bring my kids with me?

Sure. However, we recommend children remain with a caretaker while you’re at your initial consultation.

What is a Guardian Ad Litem and why is he/she being appointed to my case?

A Guardian Ad Litem (or GAL) is an attorney who is appointed to represent the best interest of the child in disputed custody cases.

Contact Us Today

    E-mail addresses of our attorneys are not provided as a means for prospective clients to contact our firm or to submit information to us. By clicking "accept", you acknowledge that we have no obligation to maintain the confidentiality of any information you submit to us unless we have already agreed to represent you or we later agree to do so. Thus, we may represent a party in a matter adverse to you even if the information you submit to us could be used against you in the matter. Confidential or time sensitive information should not be transmitted through the use of this form.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.