HAIS, HAIS & GOLDBERGER, P.C. PaternityIn order to obtain legal rights of custody, visitation or support, it is necessary for unmarried parents to establish paternity of their child(ren). Paternity may be established by agreement and/or consent by filing the appropriate documentation or through DNA testing.


Establishing paternity allows an unwed father to obtain rights of custody and visitation over his child. Before an unwed mother can collect child support or past expenses from a father, she must also establish paternity.

Paternity cases are becoming an increasingly important aspect of domestic relations law as currently over 40% of newborns are born to unwed couples. The family lawyers at Hais, Hais & Goldberger, P.C. have handled many paternity cases over the years and have the experience and knowledge to help you navigate through this process.

If you are a mother or father seeking to establish paternity of your child and would like to speak with one of our experienced attorneys, please CONTACT US or call at (314) 326-4885.

Contact Us Today

    E-mail addresses of our attorneys are not provided as a means for prospective clients to contact our firm or to submit information to us. By clicking "accept", you acknowledge that we have no obligation to maintain the confidentiality of any information you submit to us unless we have already agreed to represent you or we later agree to do so. Thus, we may represent a party in a matter adverse to you even if the information you submit to us could be used against you in the matter. Confidential or time sensitive information should not be transmitted through the use of this form.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.